Wednesday, October 18, 2006

So, I admit it, I'm totally engrossed in our website. I want it to be the coolest, most cutting edge site out there. And so far, with the exception of a couple of unfinished links, it's looking pretty awesome.

Want to know why? I believe that we should speak the language of our culture in order to communicate the hope of Jesus Christ. What better way to speak the language than through the web. Thus the emphasis on our site. Plus, if people are attracted to our site then they are more apt to check out The LifeHouse in person. And hopefully, they will discover that we're not that different from what they read on our site. Matter of fact, did you know that about 75% of people that will visit a church will visit online first. (And for those of you reading this, and considering coming out on Sunday to The LifeHouse, we're looking forward to hosting you as our guest. And don't forget to pick up a free LifeHouse coffee mug at the welcome table).

Now, on to even better ways of marketing and spreading the message of Jesus. Like, what if we created a really fun, cool video clip that we could produce on Youtube or yahoo or google videos. It would end with a quick plug for the church. I think it would work and it wouldn't be very expensive. Let's try it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Debbie, thanks for being the first poster on my blog. I should probably give you a prize or at least bells and whistles- oh, well. I'm still brainstorming the idea of creating a funny video to market our church via youtube and google/yahoo videos.