Thursday, October 19, 2006

CHANGES IN THE LIFEHOUSE


Change is a sign of growth. And one thing I am certain of within the life of any effective organism is the need for change in order to facilitate growth. Well, I thought I would give the blogosphere a glimpse not only into our story and my thinking but some change that's coming down the pike at The LifeHouse.

As I've been reading, studying, and especially praying, I have been sensing that it is time for us to take a step of faith and aim to hire a staff pastor. I know, that immediately envokes a pile of questions, particularly from all of you business-minded or detail-oriented people. But great decisions and change begin with a gut, intuitive sense. Then, they are tweeked and developed in prayer and much thought. So, not only do I believe that this is the right step, but I think it's probably over due. And I am in the process right now of seaching out the right person to join our pastoral team so that our church can grow to the next level of fulfilling the great Cause of Christ. This will probably mean hiring someone with a portfolio in worship and multimedia.

And how will we make this decision? Thought you'd never ask. First, we'll pray. Then, pray more. Then sit down with the person, couple, or whoever, and see if there is chemistry between Laura and I and them. We want to make sure they believe in vision and culture of The LifeHouse. Then, we'll give them the opportunity to meet the rest of the pastoral staff so that they can interview each other. Then, we'll sit down with Pastor Terry from Bethel (Hagerstown, our "mother church"). Then, and only after certainly believing this is a God-thing, we will not only invite them onto our team, but present them to the church and lay on the the mantle of responsibility and authority that comes only from God.

Yea, enjoy the ride with us as we change to keep our focus on reaching more unchurched with the greatest Message.

No comments: