Friday, April 24, 2009

Watch me burn

Just got back from Orlando, FL and the Exponential Conference. I'll be blogging more about it, but absolutely feel privileged that I was able to go and be around some of the greatest leaders of the Church worldwide.

Although I got little sleep, I'm not complaining. We (Ray came with me) left FL at 3:30pm and had a lay-over in Atlanta, that turned into a never-ending saga. A thunder storm shut down the airport, then lightning struck the Air Traffic Control center, so around 2am, we finally took off.

After 12 hrs of traveling, my bed never felt so good. Thrilled to be home with Laura and the girls, and looking forward to finally being able to spend some time with them tonight.

Got refreshed spiritually, mentally, emotionall, and in my passion and call!

I'm reminded of some John Wesley quotes:

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn.

Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.

Funniest quote of conference was Erwin McManus, "telling someone you are a pastor in our culture is liking saying, 'I'm a cannibal, want to join me for lunch'." Histerical... and so true. 

However, people aren't looking for church but for the presence and power of God!

No comments: