Thursday, April 02, 2009

Aligned with God

Str upi piy pg slihn,rmy eoyj zhpf? 

Did you get that? That's what you type if you place your hands on the wrong keys on the keyboard, so instead of your left-hand pinky being on the "a", it's on the "s". What I was trying to type, until I realized that my hands were out of alignment, was:

Are you in alignment with God?

Just like placing my hands out of alignment, and the message gets all messed up and becomes incomprehensible, when we are out of alignment with God, we get messed up. If my attitudes, spirit, and thinking are not properly connected to God in obedience, the message of Jesus will become incomprehensible through my personal life. While we're trying to say one thing, our life will be saying another. And for those "listening", all they hear is "gobble-dee-goop". The impact of our mis-alignment is confusion, and even hypocrisy. 

Let's all check our life and see how well we are living in obedience to God's Word.

Is there secret sin in my life that I need to confess? Is there an attitude that God wants to correct? Is there a wrong that I need to forgive or ask for forgiveness?

BTW, I thought of this illustration at 2:30 am while waiting in bed for the rest of the world to wake up!

No comments: