Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Just so you know, I need to get away!

Just got back from a 24 hour prayer get-away with 7 other pastors from the Hagerstown area. I didn't realize how much I needed it until I got it. We went about 1.5 hrs NW into the mountains of PA. It was gorgeous and even snowed.

I shared with these pastors (who I know consider friends), that I need to build a one-day prayer get-away into my monthly schedule. I need to get-away with God, and get refueled, re-connected, and re-energized.

Change of Pace + change of Place = change of Perspective AND renewed Power and Presence of God.

I hiked up a mountain this morning, and felt God whispering His guidance into my life all the way.

The most encouraging thing I learned today, "God speaks Patrick-ese." Yep, He speaks my language. He knows exactly how to communicate in a way I will understand and will get maximum impact. So glad that God is so personal.

God speaks [your name]- ese.

No comments: