Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm Embarrassed


My oldest daughter, Rebecca, embarrassed (and inspired) me yesterday.

No, it's not what you're thinking. She didn't say something in public that made me blush.

We got her a "Princess" Bible for Christmas, and she started reading it this week. Day one, she read first 3 chapters of Genesis. So day two, I challenged her that we'd read through the Bible together this year. Her response,

"The whole year...?" As if to say, "Why would it take me that long?"

So, I sat down on her bed to catch up to where she was in Genesis and asked what chapter she was up to, and her response both embarrassed and inspired me.

"Chapter 7. I snuck upstairs today to read more."

Where did I lose that passion and intensity for reading the Bible with hunger? I want to be like her.

So, each night, we're sitting on her bed together reading the Bible, and our goal is to finish it well before the year is out. We're on pace in week one to finish by September 17th. We will see!

What goals are you setting for this year?

Are you willing to join Lifehouse in our THRIVE CAMPAIGN (more info coming soon)?

No comments: