Friday, January 16, 2009

A few of the things I'm thankful for!

The daily challenge for day 3 in THRIVE 09 was to write out 50 things that I am personally thankful for. Here are a few from my list.

When we take the time to notice God's wonders and the work of His hands, this brings God pleasure and makes Him smile.
  1. God's forgiveness- can't believe He keeps forgiving me and giving me a fresh start (1 John 1:9).
  2. His salvation- the cross is absurd to me, but it's also my hope and redemption (Romans 5:8)
  3. Laura- 2nd best decision I ever made. Pretty sure I'm lower on her list, but I got the better end of the deal (Proverbs 31:10-12)
  4. 3 healthy daughters- my girls are the joy of my life and my biggest fans (Psalm 127:3)
  5. gluon- it's the stuff that holds quarks together (those are sub-atomic particles with the same charge, that should repel each other, but instead stick). I think God is the gluon (Colossians 1:16-17)
  6. Steel-belted radial- that's the part of the tire that didn't pop while we drove about 150 miles toward NY on a tire missing most of its tread without blowing out.
  7. Hugs- grateful for the love God fills my daughters with toward me. A hug can keep me going.
  8. Eskimo kisses- my daughters are so innocent and pure, and Eskimo kisses are funny.
  9. Laughter- I'm grateful that God has a sense of humor (Psalm 126:2).
  10. Sunsets- amazed by God's majesty (Psalm 19:1).
  11. A Paycheck- got one yesterday, and thankful that in difficult times I still have a career and people are still generous
  12. Guttenburg- amazed how many books are available, especially the accessibility of the Bible (Isaiah 40:7-8).
  13. Gravity- pretty happy that we haven't gotten thrown off the earth's surface, since we are moving at about 1,040 mph.
  14. God's faithfulness-
  15. New mornings, fresh starts-
  16. REM-cycles- it's amazing that our bodies need to sleep, but can heal themselves while we do it (Psalm 127:2)
  17. Dinner tonight- awed by the lavish provision of God everyday (Psalm 37:25).
  18. My DELL- so say it creates work, but I remember life before the PC. So grateful for its invention.
  19. Electricity- during the winter I have heat, and during the summer A/C. Thanks to the workers who keep the lights on.
  20. My car- it's still running a year after "the Give Project". God has been faithful!

No comments: