Friday, October 12, 2007

Let's Talk...

We're already talking about it anyway, why not hear what God has to say? Right? We've kicked off this new campaign called "Let's Talk Sex" during the month of October. It's in partnership with Washington County's coalition on teen pregnancy, addressing the need to communicate more openly and effectively with parents and teens about sex.

Check out our NEW website at www.letstalkmonth.com.

The idea: we should be talking in church about the things that everyone is talking about outside of church, and offering the God- biblical- perspective. Since nearly everyone wants to know about and needs to know about what God has to say on the topic, this is incredibly relevant and practical in our everyday lives.

Feel free to post your questions and comments.

4 comments:

Ray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

One of the core values of the Life House is relevant preaching, and that is one of the many things that has impressed me since the time I have been attending. All you have to do is simply turn on the TV and almost instantaneously you are bombarded with some sort form of sexuality. I seen this story covered on the morning news. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21358100/ This is a link to the story of the Maine middle school who is offering “The Pill” to their middle school students, without parent approval. I was floored by what our kids are being exposed to in their everyday lives. This simply proves what Pastor Patrick has being preaching about in the “Lets Talk” sermon series. I am honored to attend a Church with a Pastor who isn’t afraid to step outside the comfort zone and bring us what we need to hear. Keep up the good work!

(From Jason M.)

Anonymous said...

(From Steph)
I too must say that I've really enjoyed this sermon series, mostly because it is SO refreshing to have such an obviously important topic FINALLY discussed in church in a sincere and realistic manner. I only wish that I had heard these sermons when I was a teenager going through this perfectly natural struggle between obedience to God and human nature. It's also such a radically different approach than I'm used to, to be presenting Gods plan for sex from a compassionate and not angry/condemning point of view. So, well done. I truly believe that God will use this sermon series and touch many lives with it.

Unknown said...

I read that article this morning. Wow. We need God's wisdom in dealing with these issues, especially as parents and leaders. Thanks.