Friday, October 26, 2007

Who's Our Primary Teacher?

Here's what I've learned at the gym recently while listening in on a variety of conversations:
  • Ohio St will sweep through the Big Ten and win the BCS.
  • The health care crisis in America is unsolvable. Why? We are a capitalist society, therefore, health care is a money-making industry AND people do not take personal responsibility for their health BUT expect every resource that money-making business can discover/ create/ produce. THEREFORE, what people want is more than what they can have. Politicians say this is unfair. No, it's reality.
  • Steelers will beat the Pats in the playoffs.
  • Steelers won't even make the playoffs.
  • the Redskins will upset the Pats this weekend.
Since I'm concluding "Let's Talk" series this weekend, I've talk openly about how, for most, the primary educational tool and influencer, is the media, i.e. TV, movies, print material, etc.

Maybe I'm just cynical. Maybe I have reason to be cynical. How do I know what is true and what is manipulation or laced with an agenda. I suspect most carries at least an undertone of agenda.

So, who's my primary teacher or source for education on the plethora of topics that confront me in life on a daily basis? Great question!

My first and primary resource for TRUTH is the Bible. I consult it regarding any and all topics. I want to discover God's principles, laws, and standards regarding everything that I deal with in life.

I'm not suggesting that every answer to every question in life is there. But it's certainly got the answers I need, and points me in the right direction. It keeps me grounded in truth. It centers me on what's most important. It keeps me ask the RIGHT questions. God's Word guides me into ALL truth.

So, just as a thought, before calling, asking, consulting, or tuning into any other source for information or guidance, make sure your life is founded on the TRUTH of God's Word and your reading and applying the principles of the Bible.

No comments: