Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lifehouse Update- Part 2

Lifehouse family of friends,

I want to continue to keep you informed on the status of the building and how God is leading us.

If you didn’t read my previous update, you can do so at here. I wrote yesterday that I/we are praying to gain direction from God as to how to proceed regarding the auction of the theaters where we currently meet.

Here’s what we are doing now?

We are pursuing a “due diligence” investigation on the possibility of bidding on the building:

  • Meeting with general contractors, building inspectors, business planner, lending institution- to determine viability of purchasing and using the building for business/ church use. We are not fearful or anxious about this situation, just doing our homework.
  • Please do not begin to speculate on whether we will or will not purchase the building, since we are not moving in the direction right now, only investigating the possibility.
  • We would need a God- miracle to purchase the theaters since we don’t have cash or financing secured to purchase the building.
  • Based on our current financials, we are not in a position to afford the mortgage on this building, and I don’t want our finances getting bogged down in trying to make a mortgage payment rather than focusing on ministry. I was clear yesterday that if we bought the building, we would have to have a business plan in place to show that the businesses would cover the cost of the building so that it wouldn’t be a burden to Lifehouse East.
  • I believe that we are responsible to do everything we can that is possible, and then ask God and wait for God to do the impossible.

 In prayer, I believe the direction to go is to WAIT!

  • As I wrote yesterday, I want to lead and plow ahead, especially because I know that you are looking for clear direction.
  • However, I know that God wants us to wait on Him, and not get ahead of where He is leading us. Joshua 3 makes it clear that God’s presence must lead, and we must be alert to follow Him. I will continue to fast and pray until God leads us.
  • Waiting on God is our direction for today. I know “the Lord will do amazing things among” us (Joshua 3:5). And He wants ALL the glory and credit for doing them.
  • My/ our role is to pray and wait on God. We will not move or do anything until we see God clearly moving, then we will follow.
  • I believe that God will move ahead of us to lead us to great “breakthrough”. Exodus 14 says that the Israelites were terrified because they were cornered between the imposing army of Egypt and the Red Sea, but Moses spoke on behalf of God and said, “Don’t be afraid! Stand still and you will see the Lord save you today. You will never see these Egyptians again after today. 14 You only need to remain calm; the Lord will fight for you.”
  • God has a way of “cornering” us into “impossible” situations so that our only hope and source is God, and so that when we does “amazing things among us” everyone knows that it was ONLY GOD.
  • Our role is to WAIT and pray! Please pray and wait on God. He will come through for us and our faith in God will grow and our impact in this community will significantly increase. We will THRIVE.

 Thank you for your prayers and for coming together as a church like never before! Thanks for all the encouraging emails I’ve received, and I want you to know how proud I am to pastor such an amazing community of Jesus-followers.

 Fired up,

-Pastor Patrick

No comments: