Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunday in the Rearview Mirror

Here was Sunday in all it's fun:
5:15 woke up and got 4 sets of clothes, my computer bag, and Bible/ notes ready
5:30 on the road to Snook Park- Hagerstown, MD
6:00 check in for the race, get body markings (not what you think, they just right your number on your arms and legs)
6:45 got ready for race time
7:00 the Hagerstown Sprint Triathlon began
7:08 got handed our team band, jumped on my bike and took off riding
7:41 got a flat tire 3 miles from finishing that leg of the race, and road on a flat the rest of the way. While that slowed me down, I wasn't about to get off and lose more time.
7:51 dismounted and took off running (if you could call that running)
8:15 crossed the finish line after biking 11 miles and running 3.1. Not bad, but could have been better without the flat.
8:50 off to the YMCA to shower and get ready for Lifehouse
9:35 arrived at Lifehouse and got ready to preach
10-11:15 Lifehouse service, preached message in series "Anatomy of God"
11:50 lead an orientation for those who wanted to be baptized in the evening
1-3pm final group session with Spring Life Developments students who are our newest leaders and disciplers at Lifehouse
3-5 BBQ with my Ironheart buddies who race in the Sprint Triathlon as relay teams
5:30 arrived at Lifehouse- Bethel to prep for the baptism service
6-8 enjoyed the connection of 4 churches celebrating together as 1 family. We baptized 4.
9:30 made it to Rich Vieira's house to taunt the Red Sox getting smacked in the mouth by my Yankees, only to watch them lose miserably.
12:30 finally went to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an insane schedule for the sabbath...let's keep it a secret!

me said...

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

If you're going to do something, do it with all you have!

As for doing so on the sabbath
"Sin Boldly!"

Mike

Unknown said...

It was an insane day. As a family we try to guard days off, and fully recognize that Sunday is not our sabbath. We must guard a different day of the week. Preaching and leading on Sundays is exhilarating and fits my calling and leadership responsibilities, but is certainly not a restful day. However, I'm passionate about taking time off and guarding days of rest and with family.

I also hope that I can lead and inspire others to be well balanced physically, emotionally, and spiritually.