Friday, April 25, 2008

My Greatest Leadership Challenge:

I recently posted this on another blog where the author asked what pastors' greatest leadership challenges were:

Balancing the biggest priorities! Allow me to explain:

I love being a husband, father, church planter, and leader. Most of the time, I'm red-hot passionate, even in dealing with tough stuff. My on-going greatest challenges is balancing my passions for family, ministry, and leadership. To me it's not "work" planting, leading, and pastoring our church. I love what I do (and that's not because we haven't been through tough stuff).

I believe firmly the core value communicated well by Martin Luther, "pray like everything depends on God work like everything depends on you". But type A, entrepreneurs will finish praying and keep on working.

I'm learning to balance putting down what I'm passionate about and what I'm called to and prioritize my marriage and family.

  • What are yours?

No comments: