Friday, April 25, 2008

It's Scary When...

The worst thing possible for me is to be stuck in a rut or consumed with details and administrative responsibilities. It stifles my passion and fire. And as you know, I want to stay fired up, focused on God's purposes for my life and at Lifehouse Church East.

Recently, when reviewing my weekly schedule with our administrator, I noticed that I'm actually in control of my weeks... wow! I can plan meetings, schedule sermon prep and event prep and set aside time to plan, read, pray, meet with lots of leaders, organize ministries, or even meet with other pastors. My schedule and the urgent aren't driving me.

And that's when it gets scary. Oh, not for me... but for everyone else on our team. Why you ask? Because the more time I have to think, pray, plan, study, and lead leaders, the more passionate I get, the more our vision grows for Lifehouse East, the more I'm convinced that we've only just begun, and the more I know that we've only seen the tip-of-the-iceberg of God's favor working through us to impact this city.

Let's change the world. Not just make a difference, but make it different. That's what I'm praying and planning for. I've got red-hot vision and passion running through me. And I don't want to just spew it all over this blog. So, little by little you'll be hearing of the ways we are going to continue to organize and strategize to impact this city, region, and world for Christ.

No comments: