Tuesday, March 27, 2007

EASTER POSTCARD

So, here's the front and back of our latest postcard for Easter (April 8th) and Friend Day (April 22nd). Hope you like it and pass out a ton of them.

This one is designed to be mailed and passed out. So, if you want to mail it, you can throw a stamp on it or put an address on it and give it to us to mail. Or just give them out to everyone you know. We've got plenty, and the more you give away, the more people will come out to experience The LifeHouse and the transforming message and presence of Jesus. So, GET INVITING!

And if you haven't heard, I'm kicking off a new sermon series called "Religion Bytes" on Easter! The first message titled, "Jesus Died to Kill Religion." Click on the postcard to read the rest of the messages coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." --James 1:27

There's good religion and bad. Bad religion (not the band) is hypocrisy and legalism. Religion isn't bad when it issues from a heart sincerely inclined to God and when it leads to justice in action. Or another way of saying it--loving God, loving people.

The word "religion" has taken on a bad rap lately in our culture and in Christian literature, but since its a biblical word, I think we should protect and redefine it.

When I was a younger Christian, I was offended when my dad said I was "very religious", but since then I realize I was defining my term by my pre-Christian anti-religion bias. All he meant was that I was really on fire for God.

Just a thought; not meaning to be critical.