Friday, March 09, 2007

Like McArthur returning to the battle in WWII, "I'm Back!" Back to blogging that is... 'Cause I never went anywhere else.

Was just thinking how essential it is that we nourish our souls. They're like a tree (according to Psalm 1) that constantly needs water, sunlight (or the Son), and the nutrients of the soil. So, we must regularly find time to pull away from our busy lives, stop making excuses, and pray, study the Bible, focus our attention on worshiping our Creator, and spending time with other Jesus-followers who will challenges us and love us. We need these things like we need food and water.

Besides, if you're having one of those days, the best thing is to take a "Selah" moment. That's David, the Psalmists, version of taking a break, a pause to ponder.

I notice there are moments in my day when I need to just stop and pray or meditate or throw on a worship song to get back into the right frame of mind. Or did you think that I just live continually in some deep spiritual enlightenment simply by being a pastor. Right!

Oh, and I'm writing this because I just had one of those moments. Need a "selah" and had to sneak out a pray.

On another note, looking forward to this weekend. Should be fun bringing an end to "Rules of Engagement". And I'm going to try something a little different this weekend. So, come prepared to be changed by God, and hopefully we can have some fun too.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Wow! I'm surprised your account still exists after being away for so long!

Oh well, who has time to blog when you're out changing the world?

Patrick wrote:
"So, come prepared to be changed by God, and hopefully we can have some fun too."


Well if you consider punching a ministry partner in the gut in the middle of your sermon "fun" I guess you accomplished your goal. Remind me never to volunteer to come up on stage during the service. That was one devestating right hook.