Monday, November 06, 2006

WEEKEND OVERVIEW: Part deuce

Every morning I start my day with this prayer:
"My what I do today matter for eternity, so that heaven is populated differently because I got out of bed!"

It's strange, but I started praying that about 18 months ago. I thought it would grow old after a while. And it may. But for right now, it seems to remind me every waking moment of my "why." And that helps, because I'm quick to forget. But when you pray a prayer like that it's hard to loose sight of where you're going and why you got out of bed this morning.

A young man named Dave asked me how I stay so energized everyday. And the truth is, I don't, it's all an act! No, I'm just kidding. If you know me personally, it's scary, and I really am this intense, fired up, and crazy about living.

Well, here was my answer. When we no longer see Christianity as church and church as religious ceremony, something shifts. When my faith becomes an electric adventure. A CAUSE. A war that I wake up to fight for everyday, then I go through a refocusing. Instead of seeing disappointments and failures as some all-encompassing defeat, I view them simply as a step toward ultimate victory.

LIFE IS WORTH LIVING. Following Jesus isn't easy. Matter of fact, it could be said that it's the hardest life there is, you've got the whole world at war with your faith. But man, what an adventure. What a war! What an adrenaline rush!

And yesterday, we led two people into relationship with God, and another rededicated her life to pursuing God. That's why I get out of bed everyday. I can fire ammunition into the gates of hell and take back my friends and neighbors as plunder for God's great Kingdom.

No comments: