Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A REVIEW OF THE WEEKEND

Been so busy and haven't taken the time to blog. My bad- hope you still check back every hour on the hour to see what new stuff I might post.

Every Sunday afternoon, when I get home, I sit back and smile and love loving church. It's great to be a part of something that is fun, risky, and genuinely eternal in value.

Two things I wanted to comment on about this past Sunday:
1. We have the funniest, coolest church- I mean, for pastor appreciation, my team makes fun of me. And what is even funnier is that their spoofs of "scenes in the life of your pastor" were mild and gracious. I'm actually more intense, wild, loud, and passionate. Pastor Dave made a great quote when he was imitating me, "THAT'S RIGHT, YOU THOUGHT WE RENT THE SCHOOL BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A BUILDING! WE DID BUT I GAVE IT AWAY- SO THAT WE COULD WIN MORE PEOPLE TO CHRIST!" I didn't say that, but I wish I had, and either way, it's actually true. We did have a building- paid off and all. I did give it away or give it back, or whatever you want to call it. Just read our story at www.thelifehouse.org for more details. Hilarious! Thanks everyone for the cards and love! It means a lot!

2. Let's review our gathering (aside from the shenanigans): I spoke on breaking the law of integrity - how that creates a dead end during the Rush Hour of life. Did you all like the video intro on scene with that crazy car chase? The point- when we don't operate in integrity we land in a dead end. To avoid that dead end, don't take short cuts and be honest and real. Be "sine cera" or "without wax" according to history the ancient honest artificers would put up signs that read "sine cera" to distinguish themselves from the dishonest- those that filled the cracks in the very valuable porcelain figurines with wax (to disguise the damage). Let's just be who we say we are and do what we say we are going to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article Thank

you so much!