Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tri-ing to Feed the Hungry

Join me in trying to feed the hungry!

For the month of September, I've given up my car and am jogging and biking everywhere I go that I'd normally drive.

My reason: living on less to give more. I'm donating my car expense for this month to Hagerstown Convoy of Hope, and it will go to help feed those in need through Convoy.

I'm also getting in shape for a triathlon, thuse tri-ing to feed the hungry.

The main point is to live on less for myself to give more to others, and inspire everyone I can to do the same. Many feel like they can't give because they "don't have enough". But we all have so much and live with such abundance, especially in contrast to the deepest poverty in nations where people don't have clean drinking water or any food to eat.

We can make a difference by giving more and living on less.

Want to know how you can help?

Two ways: help Convoy of Hope by sponsoring me per mile and donating the proceeds through the website. I've already riden over 175miles, and expect to do about 450-500 total. You can also donate directly to Hagerstown Convoy of Hope or Convoy of Hope International by going to their websites. This is an international relief organization that brings aid and Hope to those desperately in need.

Join Lifehouse in "Getting Dirty" by serving those around you. If you live within driving range of Hagerstown, you're invited to come serve at our outreach event on September 26th. For more info, go to the website.

No comments: