Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Divine "Coincidence"

On occasion I'm caught off guard by God, or better yet God-moments. Subtle encounters where you can see the fingerprint of God looking back on what just happened.

Well, I had one last week.

I've been carrying $5 in my pocket waiting to fulfill my day 16 challenge to give the money to someone that I didn't know who was in need. It wasn't for lack of effort. I've been carrying it with me looking for the "right" person. It feels like so little, but I knew I needed to be led by God in the moment when to give.

Well, I was early to a meeting at 6:30 one morning, and waiting in my car, I prayed, "God, I really want to give this money away, but I don't know to whom, and I'm wondering why you haven't led me to anyone yet. Please lead me, so they I can be a blessing to someone in Your Name." Then I reached over and grabbed my devotional to read the challenge of that day.

Just then, a guy with a gas can in-hand walked right up to the window of my car and ask for help with some gas money. He was coming to town for a job interview and his van stalled right across the street from where I was parked.

I helped him happily. He was genuinely grateful and even came into the restaurant to find and thank me. It's cool when you can see the "fingerprints" of God in your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is awesome!

Ray