Thursday, September 25, 2008

Change Inevitable- So, let's be proactive!

We've heard it ad-naseau, "the only thing certain is change". Change is inevitable, and that's not a bad thing. A great friend and mentor in my life suggested this about church and ministry,

"The methods that brought growth in our church that helped us grow from 0-100, needed to change in order for us to have a continued impact and grow to 200. Equally, the things that got us to that point need to change, so that we could continue to grow and impact more people."

So, there are two ways of viewing change: it will just happen and we will be bystanders watching OR we will lead change and proactively guide through tumultuous times and initiate change and truly be leaders.

We recently have navigated and lead significant change at Lifehouse. That's nothing new. We've been changing and growing every month since we began. We've navigated pastoral and leadership personnel changes, style adjustments and enhancements, budgeting shifts, and the wonderful challenges of leading change through growth.

What scares you about change? What change do you need to start leading, and stop following?

1 comment:

fishinfool said...

Change is always a good thing. Though it may not feel like it at first, all change leads to some kind of growth. If we do not grow from it we die because of it.
There are some changes that scare me. For instance when I look into the mirror and see even more grey hair than I did the day before. I know I am getting closer to the end with each passing day. Another change that scares me is the coming presidential election. I say scare but what I really mean is concerned. God did not give us a spirit of fear, so things do not really scare me. Things do concern me especially when it comes to the future of my daughter.
The area I need to take the lead in for change to occur is the area of my personal growth in Christ. I have allowed my heart to become hard and have pushed God to the back burner for far too long. It is high time I allow Him the freedom to do what He wants in my life.