Monday, June 30, 2008

Great Weekend

Came into the weekend already exhausted, but somehow doing what I love and being with people that I enjoy sharing life with, is rejuvenating.

After traveling back and forth to Montgomery Co for the viewing and funeral of my good friend Chris Patton, and speaking at his funeral, I then spent 2 days in DC at Unplugged Conference (notes coming soon).

Saturday we celebrated with our new pastoral couple, Joe and Lois, on their 50th wedding anniversary. To hear more about them, look back about 2 posts and watch their youtube video. How cool to have pastors with tons of life and marriage experience coaching and guiding a young pastor and church. How refreshing that they are willing to embrace changing styles without losing the passion for the Truth.

Onto Sunday, I preached my heart out. I give it my all every week, but not every week feels like my best. But for "On the Shoulders of Giants: Courage" I left it all at Lifehouse. Looked at Acts 1:8 and read chapter 3. These disciples of Jesus were transformed from cowering students to courageous leaders.

Our challenge: BE BOLD by relying on God's power and as witness of Jesus. The commitment I asked for: talk with at least ONE person about Jesus and invite someone to Lifehouse next week.

No comments: