Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

I get the quite the privileged Valentine's Day (actually we're going out on Friday)- take several ladies out for Valentine's and come home with all of them. Laura and I have decided that Valentine's is a great opportunity to model love to our girls. So, I ask each one of them if they'll be my date and my Valentine, then we all go out to the Olive Garden. Looking forward to wearing my tie this evening. I wasn't even sure if I had one left... ha!


This is also an opportunity to honor my bride. Here's what I think of Laura:

After 15 Valentine's Days, we actually have perspective of life to look back on, and here's what I've learned about Laura. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for her.

She's believed in God and me against impossible odds and without actually seeing the dreams herself. That takes great faith. It's one thing when God speaks to YOU, to believe and follow. It's another thing altogether, for God to lead your husband and you still believe and follow.

I wouldn't be the person, the leader, the pastor, the husband or the father I am without my wife. She's offered strength when I wanted to give up, hope when I despaired, perspective when I had tunnel vision, laughter when I was to serious, wisdom when I was blind, tenderness when I was hurting, and a model of gentle power.

Oh, some people meet Laura and think that she's quiet and mild-natured. That's true... partially. Laura is very strong, capable, and full of will-power. She doesn't give up easily and rarely is shaken. It takes a very strong woman to temper my passionate approach to life.

Thank you Laura for being my bride, wife, best friend, and partner in life and the adventures of ministry!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to second that about Laura. Oh...not all the mushy stuff...just about the great woman of God that she is! - Beckie