Wednesday, January 02, 2008

WELCOME TO 2008

I'm excited to be in a new year. '07 was great, but I love starting fresh, and invigorated for the "new". And this year is already certainly full of lots of "new". So, buckle up and hang on, this is going to be one heck of a ride.

By the way, enjoyed my families transition into the New Year. We even stayed up late and watched a movie until about 2:30 in the morning. But I think this may be my last. When our girls woke me up at 6am, I was regretting the late night movie. Oh well...

Now on to our 21 Days of Fasting and Prayer. I'll be doing my best to regularly post prayer needs, testimonies, and devotions for this season at Lifehouse. We've started out the last few years with 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting. It's NOT some religious thing we do. I genuinely believe it's one of the most powerful, meaningful, and life-transforming disciplines and challenges we have here at Lifehouse. Basically, we pray, seek God, and give up desired appetites for 21 days, and you've never seen anything impact a person, family, church, community as much as this. I dare you to try it. By the way, we invite everyone to join in fasting. You can do a "liquids only" fast, or give up meats and sweets, or just give up a particular thing that you're really consumed by, i.e. TV, video games, recreational internet, whatever. Then, every time you feel the urge/ appetite to consume that (whatever it is), just let that push you toward prayer and reading the Bible. Enjoy...

No comments: