Monday, November 08, 2010

are you ready?

The other day I decided to swim again as part of my work out routine. I was excited, because I love swimming and missed being in the water. Since I'd been training for the marathon, I put all my focus into running instead.

Enthusiastically, I got to the gym and through on my shorts only to discover that I had no goggles with me. In fast, my goggles broke over the summer. But, undeterred I jump in the pool and swam in the highly- chlorinated water for a mile. Then, I spent the rest of the day rubbing my eyes and explaining to everyone I met with that I wasn't, as it may appear, hungover.

Fortunately, I'm a fast learner. Today, I remembered my new pair of goggles when I left for the pool!

Like I shared yesterday in my sermon, we must ready ourselves for battle before we get into the thick of it. Put on the armor before you need it, not after the bullets are zipping by your head.

Life is a battle, the enemy of our souls is out to destroy us.

Are you ready for the battle today? Or are you jumping in the deep end without goggles? Are you racing into the week ready for battle?

My challenge to all of us: SOLDIER UP!

No comments: