Monday, June 11, 2007

WEEKEND IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR

Had a blast yesterday during Friend Day at LifeHouse!

I'll post my message next but just thought I'd throw some comments out there:
  • I love that church can be fun. We can laugh and be ourselves. Hope you enjoyed the video clips.
  • When I am at LifeHouse on Sunday mornings, I think, "I bet if the disciples of the New Testament church were leading gatherings in Hagerstown, they might look something like this." It just feels like the book of Acts.
  • It's great to be our self. I love to not think about what everyone else is thinking about me. If you haven't noticed, I am me. Imperfect, messy, and sometimes I'll say or do the wrong thing. But it is so honest, fun, and refreshing to not feel like I have to impress anyone or try to be someone I'm not. And all LifeHousers can feel that way.
  • Relatively convinced that being real and raw doesn't make us respect each other less, but more. Because even after seeing straight through a person, we've noticed they are who they say they are.
  • Momentum is on our side: we're having our largest attendance ever, with lots of new guests, and a great sense of excitement. Let's not get settled into the NOW but keep dreaming and planning for how LifeHouse can continue to impact our community and generation.
Just some random thoughts.

No comments: