Monday, January 08, 2007

Day 7 of 21 Days of Fasting and Prayer
As we begin week 2 of fasting, you may have noticed that this is a battle. If the enemy is trying to hit you hard (with sickness or fear or discouragement or tension in the home) recognize it for what it is, and pray even more aggressively. The devil punches with the similar intensity of the blow he receives. You hitting hard, and he’s trying to fight back. Don’t let up know, not when you’ve got him against the ropes.

· Read Psalm 91; Ephesians 6:10-18 and Romans 8:37; 2 Corinthians 10:5.

· Fasting and prayer is synonymous with declaring war or picking a fight against the enemy of our souls. We are saying, “I will not allow the devil to destroy my life, manipulate me with sin, and suck me into the mindset of the world. I will battle for my own life, my family, my co-workers, my friends, and my community. I am willing to put everything on the line to see the work of God accomplished in and through me.”

· Those sound like “fighting words” to me! And if we think the devil is just going to roll over and play opossum, we are mistaken. We’ve repented, turned from sin, and are pursuing a deeper relationship with God than ever before. And do you think that bothers the realm of hell? It can handle lazy, apathetic Christians, but Jesus-followers willing to put it all on the line, run from sin, and pursue God and His plans? That’s trouble. Trouble worth opposing. So, if you feel like you’re finding yourself in the crosshairs of the enemy, be encouraged. It may be, because your taking a dramatic step in the right direction, and it’s make the enemy mad. Read 1 Timothy 6:12.

· The great thing about spiritual warfare is that it’s a win-win for us. God fights for us (Psalm 91); God turns the tactics of the enemy into our benefit (Romans 8:28); God always wins and we are always conquerors through Christ (2 Corinthians 2:14; Romans 8:37; Isaiah 54:17; 1 John 4:4).

· So, when life heats up, things get intense, emotions flare, and crises arise, remember that we are at war. War is risky-business if you fear death or loosing. But we know we are going to win, so we fight aggressively and confidently keeping eternity in mind. Expect battle! Put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18) and recognize the strategies of the devil. God is fighting on our behalf, therefore we win, every time!

No comments: